I love pretty much all treats. Except pie. I don’t LOVE pie. It’s probably my least favorite, but I do enjoy a slice every once in awhile. I show a lot of cookies, cakes, and cupcakes on here, but no one knows the one treat that that I absolutely cannot stay out of.
I seriously love any type of Rice Krispie treat. Maybe that a little childish, but I love the ooey gooey marshmallows. I love the chew and the crunch. I love the sweetness. I love them made with Cocoa Krispies. I love them made with Fruity Pepples. I love them in Scotcharoo form. Seriously. Give me all the Rice Krispies.
The other day when I spotted my favorite cinnamon churro Smashmallow marshmallows in my pantry, I knew I had to create a Rice Krispie treat with them. I didn’t think that just merely melting those would be enough. I really wanted the cinnamon flavor to come through. I added a cinnamon ganache on top and then sprinkled it all with cinnamon sugar. Oh. My. Goodness. These were incredible. So much cinnamon flavor. And so much marshmallow. I was happy.
If you don’t feel comfortable making a ganache, this step can be skipped and instead just sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar. You will still be happy with the outcome!
Churro Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 4.5 oz bag of Smashmallow Cinnamon Churro Marshmallows
- 1 10 oz. bag of miniature marshmallows, divided
- 5 TBS. butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1/2 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- cinnamon sugar mixture to sprinkle
- Set aside a 1 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter, cinnamon marshmallows, and all but the 1 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows. This process should be done in about 90 seconds.
- Pour in cereal and mix until slightly combined. Add the remaining marshmallows that were set aside and stir until all is combined evenly. This should leave you with some chunks of marshmallows in your finished bar.
- Grease a 9X13 pan and press the mixture into the pan. I prefer to give my hands a little spritz of the baking spray to prevent any stickage to my hands.
- While those cool, you can heat the heavy whipping cream for 45 seconds. Once it comes out, add the cinnamon baking chips and let it sit for a few minutes while they melt. Stir together to combine the chips and cream. If the mixture is too thick, add a little extra cream. Drizzle on top of bars.
- Lastly, generously sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of the bars. Cut into equal slices and enjoy!