A fun take on a traditional rice krispie. These churro rice krispie treats are everything you need; sweet gooey marshmallow, cereal, and cinnamon sugar.
The Story Behind Churro Rice Krispie Treats
I love pretty much all treats , especially these churro rice krispie treats. Well, except pie. I don’t LOVE pie. It’s probably my least favorite, but I do enjoy a slice every once in awhile. While I show a lot of cookies, cakes, and cupcakes on here, but no one knows the one treat that that I absolutely cannot stay out of.
I seriously love any type of Rice Krispie treat. Maybe that a little childish, but I love the ooey gooey marshmallows. The chew, the crunch, the sweetness. Have you every had them made with Cocoa Krispies or Fruity Pebbles; those are also fantastic. I love them in Scotcharoo form. Seriously. Give me all the Rice Krispies.
The other day when I spotted my favorite cinnamon churro Smashmallow marshmallows in my pantry, I knew I had to create a Rice Krispie treat with them. I didn’t think that just merely melting those would be enough because I really wanted the cinnamon flavor to come through. I added a cinnamon ganache on top and then sprinkled it all with cinnamon sugar. Oh. My. Goodness. These are incredible. So much cinnamon flavor. And so much marshmallow.
If you don’t feel comfortable making a ganache, this step can be skipped and instead just sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar. You will still be happy with the outcome!
These are such a great and easy treat to make. I love having a no bake treat on nights where I don’t feel like cooking and the kids are wanting something sweet. Not only do they take 5 minutes to make, but will also give everyone a smile on their face.
Additional Recipes Similar to Churro Rice Krispies
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Samoa Rice Krispies
Churro Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 4.5 oz. bag of Smashmallow Cinnamon Churro Marshmallows
- 1 10 oz. bag of miniature marshmallows divided
- 5 TBS butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- ½ cup cinnamon baking chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- cinnamon sugar mixture to sprinkle
- Set aside a 1 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter, cinnamon marshmallows, and all but the 1 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows. This process should be done in about 90 seconds.
- Pour in cereal and mix until slightly combined. Add the remaining marshmallows that were set aside and stir until all is combined evenly. This should leave you with some chunks of marshmallows in your finished bar.
- Grease a 9X13 pan and press the mixture into the pan. I prefer to give my hands a little spritz of the baking spray to prevent any stickage to my hands.
- While those cool, you can heat the heavy whipping cream for 45 seconds. Once it comes out, add the cinnamon baking chips and let it sit for a few minutes while they melt. Stir together to combine the chips and cream. If the mixture is too thick, add a little extra cream. Drizzle on top of bars.
- Lastly, generously sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of the bars. Cut into equal slices and enjoy!