Delicious cinnamon toast crunch cookies that are dripping in a maple glaze. These are sure to please any cereal lover.
The Story Behind the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies
I’m a sucker for Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. In my honest opinion, it is hands down the BEST cereal there is. One it doesn’t hurt the roof of your mouth like several other cereals do. I’m looking at your Cap’n Crunch. Secondly, it’s got delicious flavor. I even love munching on it plain or sticking it on top of a yogurt parfait.
Crumbl likes to make cookies with cereal. In fact, I think they had a cereal week a while ago where all of the cookie flavors were based on cereal. There was a Cinnamon Toast Crunch inspired one, but it only had cereal on top.
I was inspired to make a Cinnamon Toast Crunch cookie that had the cereal inside the cookie, instead of a decoration on top.
I quickly found out that there was good reason it was only on top. Cinnamon Toast Crunch becomes really weird when left in chunks and then baked. It becomes crisp and chewy all at the same time. So instead of giving you guys a recipe that’s disgusting, I got to work and finally nailed it. You’ll love this. I gave these to a friend on her birthday not knowing that he favorite cookie was a snickerdoodle.
While I’m not claiming these to be a snickerdoodle, they are similar but more over the top. You won’t be disappointed. Promise.
F.A.Q.S for Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies
Additional Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
- Frosted Mint Oreo Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Circus Animal Cookies
- The PERFECT Chocolate Chip Cookie
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies
For the Cookie Dough
- ½ cup butter, cold
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup cake flour
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cinnamon toast crunch
For Rolling the Dough
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
For the Glaze
- 1½ tbsp maple syrup
- ¾ cup powerded sugar
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Use a high powered blended to pulverize the cinnamon toast crunch cereal. Make sure there are no chunks of cereal left behind. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add in all of the dry ingredients, including the cereal, just until combined.
- Divide into 7-8 cookies using a large cookie scoop.
- Roll the tops of each cookie dough ball into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Let them cook completly before removing them from the cookie sheet.
- Whisk together the maple syrup, powered sugar, and cream together.
- Drizzle each cookie with the maple glaze.