Last updated January 5, 2022
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Baking It Beautiful (“we”, “us”, “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our practices with regard to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- “Website” – any website of ours that references or links to this policy
- “Services” – our Website, and other related services, including sales, marketing, or events.
1. What Information Do We Collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express interest in obtaining information (such as subscribing to a newsletter) or when you participate in activities on the Website (such as leaving a comment) This personal information provided by you may include names, email addresses, and other similar information.
Information automatically collected
In short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Website or newsletter.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Depending on the device used, its settings, and how you interact with the Website, this information may include the following:
- IP address
- Operating system information
- Device information
- Browser type and settings
- Referring website
- Pages you viewed
- Dates/times when you accessed the Website
- Actions taken, such as links clicked
You may voluntarily subscribe to newsletters to receive updates and other information. Newsletters may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters may contain tracking pixels, which allows us to analyze marketing campaign performance and better adapt the content of future newsletters to user interests.
Depending on the device used, its settings, and how you interact with the newsletter, we may see if and when you open an email and which links you click.
2. How do we use your information?
In short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We may use the information we collect or receive in the following ways:
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To identify you as a user of the Website and deliver and facilitate delivery of services to you. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see “What are your privacy rights?” below)
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by leaving comments or contributing other content to the Website) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Website, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly made available outside the Website in perpetuity.
4. Who will your information be shared with?
In short: We may share information with the following parties listed in this section.
The Website currently uses the third-party services listed in each section below. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
We may work with advertising platforms and affiliates to place advertisements on the Website. We publish interest-based advertisements on the Website, which are tailored to reflect your interests and be more relevant to you. In order to better understand your interests, Google and other advertising partners will track your behavior on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
Affiliate Marketing Programs
Affiliate marketing programs allow us to earn a commission on sales when a user clicks certain links on the Website and goes on to make a purchase. When an affiliate link is clicked, cookies are utilized to track referrals and assign commissions appropriately.
Affiliate marketing programs:
Functionality and Infrastructure
We use third-party service providers for hosting and delivering the Website securely and reliably. These services allow us to optimize performance, manage Website content, and deliver features that enhance user experience.
Social Media Platforms
We utilize social media integrations such as plugins, embedded content, and sharing links. These features are intended to enhance Website content and to allow users to easily share content to social media platforms.
Social Media Platforms:
Email and Newsletters
We use third-party services to manage newsletter subscriptions and mailing lists, schedule and deliver emails, and analyze email performance, including emails opened and links clicked.
Web and Mobile Analytics
We use third-party service providers to track Website usage and provide information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website.
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
All popular Internet browsers allow you to disable the setting of cookies and delete cookies that have already been set. However, if you disable or delete cookies, the Website may not be entirely usable.
6. What is our stance on third-party websites?
In short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our Website.
The Website may contain advertisements from third parties that are not affiliated with us and which may link to other websites, online services or mobile applications. We cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of data you provide to any third parties. Any data collected by third parties is not covered by this privacy notice. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the Website. You should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to respond to your questions.
7. Do we collect information from minors?
In short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. What are your privacy rights?
In short: You can opt out of communications and access, update, or remove your information.
You may opt out of future marketing emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom or by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you would like to update your information, request that we remove your information, or access the information we have about you, please send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Do we make updates to this policy?
In short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
10. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com.