These birthday cake rice krispies are chewy with slight hint of cake flavor. This tasty no-bake treat is sure to bring a smile to any face.
The Story Behind Birthday Cake Rice Krispies
If you’ve been here for a while, you know I love a good rice krispie treat. I love that they are fast and easy to make. Plus, they are incredibly tasty.
It’s been some time since I made a new flavor of rice krispies! To appease my laziness, I decided it needed to be done pronto. I racked my brain trying to land on a new flavor. For some reason, a birthday cake kept popping into my head. I’ve never heard of birthday cake krispies before, so I decided to go for it. Unfortunately, these are totally a thing already. A quick Pinterest search showed several recipes. I decided to come up with my own recipe and they did not disappoint.
They have just a slight hint of cake, but they are so festive. The sprinkles just make these so fun! These are sure to be a kid favorite! In fact, this entire recipe was gobbled up by a group of tween boys in a matter of minutes.
Whether you’re celebrating a birthday or not, you should whip them up and try it yourselves.
F.A.Q.S for Birthday Cake Rice Krispies
Additional Recipes You May Enjoy
Birthday Cake Rice Krispies
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 10 oz bag miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup yellow cake mix
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 3 tbsp rainbow jimmy sprinkles, divided
- ¼ cup melted white chocolate
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and marshmallows. It should take about 1 ½ minutes.
- Once it is removed from the microwave, mix in the yellow cake mix until evenly distributed.
- Add in the rice cereal and 2 tbsp of rainbow sprinkles. Stir until the cereal is completely coated.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8×8 pan. Press in with greased hands or the back of a silicone spatula.
- Melt the white chocolate and drizzle it on top of the rice krispies. Sprinkle with remaining sprinkles.