These three ingredient Oreo truffles come together quickly and will become a family favorite for years to come.
Story Behind Oreo Truffles
I don’t remember the first time I ate or made Oreo Truffles, but they have been a Christmas tradition in our little family for at least 10 years. When we lived in Texas, I had the opportunity to work with the teenage girls at church. One of the girls and I bonded over our love for Oreo Truffles, so I invited her over so we could make some together.
Her way of making Oreo Truffles was completely different from my way of doing it, but they are both delicious. She put all of the Oreos in a stand mixer and turn it on for the mixer to crush the Oreos. This allowed for some of the Oreos to have bigger chunks as they weren’t completely pulverized. After adding the cream cheese and rolling them into balls, she would cover them in white chocolate. They are good this way, but I prefer a more smooth center and chocolate on top instead.
After years of making these I have found that the best way to make them is with a food processor. It gets the job done better than any other kitchen appliance. One time in fact, I used my blender because my food processor was broken. I highly recommend NOT using a blender. It does not get the job done.
For the chocolate, I actually prefer to use chocolate almond bark, but if you can’t find that you can also melt your favorite chocolate chips or baking chocolate. These are so yummy with the creaminess of the cream cheese and taste of the Oreo cookies. They will for sure be a highlight during any season.
Ingredients Needed for Oreo Truffles
You’re in luck, this recipe only requires three ingredients!
- Oreos – You will only need one package of regular Oreos (about 36 cookies)
- Cream Cheese – One 8 oz. block of cream cheese is needed.
- Chocolate Almond Bark – This is what I prefer to use. However, you can also use one bag of your favorite chocolate chips.
Additional Recipes You Will Love
- Frosted Mint Oreo Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
- Homemade Oreo Cookies with Mascarpone Filling
Quick Oreo Truffles
- 1 pkg regular Oreos, about 36
- 1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese
- 2 cups almond bark or favorite chocolate chips
- white chocolate, optional
- Using a food processor, pulse all of the Oreos until they are a fine crumb.
- Add in the cream cheese and pulse until the Oreo crumbs and cream cheese are well combined.
- Roll the dough into small, tablespoon sized, balls. The dough will be sticky, but that's okay. Place them on a piece of parchment paper and stick them in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt about ½ the block of almond bark or a full bag of chocolate chips. Make sure to microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring well between each round in the microwave.
- Remove the Oreo balls from the freezer and dip in the chocolate. I prefer to use a fork tot do so and tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place bake on the parchment.
- At this point, you can drizzle white chocolate on top if you want, but it is optional.
- Store completed Oreo truffles in the fridge and keep there until ready to eat.