This easy rocky road fudge is so easy your kids could make it. Only 4 ingredients are needed to make it.
Story Behind Easy Rocky Road Fudge
To be honest, I used to not like fudge. It never tempted me until I went to BYU. Inside of the BYU bookstore there is a candy counter with the most delicious fudge. We’re talking fudge with chunks of nuts, ribbons of caramel, and unique flavors.
After I tried that fudge, I was a converted fudge lover. However, it has to have chunks. Plain fudge doesn’t have a place in my diet. Sorry.
I know a lot of fudge recipes call for marshmallow cream. Since we live over in Europe, though, I don’t have easy access to marshmallow cream. It seemed like such a hassle to make homemade. Instead, I created this fudge recipe to use sweetened condensed milk.
I actually made this rocky road fudge for my oranmanet party. Maybe fudge isn’t a party of the portuguese cuisine because everyone asked what it was and then raved about it once they tasted it. It’s good. Promise.
Ingredients Needed for Easy Rocky Road Fudge
The best thing about this recipe is that it only calls for 4 ingredients. I would bet that you already have them in your pantry.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk– any brand of sweetened condensed milk will work. Please make sure not to confuse this with evaporated milk.
- Chocolate Chips- this recipe calls for 2 cups of chocolate chips. I prefer to use semi-sweet, but I think dark chocolate chips would also be a great choice. However, I would not suggest using milk chocolate chips as this would make the recipe too sweet.
- Chopped Pecans- I prefer to use pecans in this recipe, but chopped walnuts also work well.
- Marshmallows- I currently don’t have access to mini marshmallows here in Portugal. Instead I have the large marshmallows and cut each marshmallow into 6 pieces. Either option of mini marshmallows or large marshmallows will work.
Additional Recipes You May Love
- Dark Chocolate Orange Snickerdoodles
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispie Treats
- Perfect Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
Easy Rocky Road Fudge
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mini marshmallows*
- Prepare an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized pot, heat the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips over low heat. Stir constantly.
- Once the chocolate chips are completely melted (this will probably take around 5 minutes), remove from heat and stir in the pecans and marshmallows.
- Pour into your prepared pan. Refrigerate until the fudge is firm. Keep the fudge refrigerated until ready to serve.
- * If you don't have mini marshmallows, you can cut large marshmallows into 6 small pieces and you will receive the same end product.