Frosted Mint Oreo Cookies
If you’re a fan of Crumbl, then you are gIf you’re a fan of Crumbl, then you’ll love these Frosted Mint Oreo Cookies. The crushed up oreo batter and cream cheese frosting are insane.
The Story Behind Frosted Mint Oreo Cookies
A year or so ago, I began taking pictures for a local cookie shop called Batch Baked Goods. Batch is similar to a Crumbl, except they also offer different flavors of sweet rolls. I worked with them for quite a few months, and the whole family enjoyed having the cookies and sweet rolls to eat after I was done photographing them.
One of my all-time-favorite flavors is their Oreo cookie. The first time I tasted it, I immediately thought of Oreo truffles that I make at Christmas time. The inside was so similar in texture to an Oreo truffle. I knew I wanted to create a cookie just like it.
Well, I put that idea on the backburner while I made several other recipes. However, with St. Patrick’s Day just around the corner, I thought I would use Mint Oreos to create a cookie and knew I was going to the Batch route.
I started by pulverizing 20 mint Oreos in the blender to create extra fine Oreo crumbs. I added that to my cookie batter along with dark cocoa powder. Lastly, I whipped up my favorite cream cheese frosting for the top and sprinkled them with a few mint Oreo crumbs. It’s literally perfection. They taste just like Crumbl and Batch Baked Good cookies. So stop wasting your money and make them at home!
F.A.Q.S for Frosted Mint Oreo Cookies
Additional Cookie Recipes You May Enjoy
- Homemade Oreo Cookies with Mascarpone Filling
- Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Frosted Mint Oreo Cookies
Mint Oreo Cookie Dough
- 12 tbsp butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup crushed mint oreos, about 20 oreos
- 5-10 extra oreos, crumbled (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3-4 tbsp whipping cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
For the Cookie Dough
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a high power blender, pulverize the 20 oreos. They should be fine crumbs with no large chunks of cookies. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- The batter will look dry and crumbly. This is the correct texture.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop 4-5 cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and cool completely before frosting.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and fully incorporated together.
- Add in half of the powdered sugar and 2 tbsp of cream. Mix on high until it starts to resemble frosting.
- Continue to add in the remaining powdered sugar adding cream one tablespoon at a time to get the right consistency. It should be pipeable and easy to squeeze, but not too soft that it runs off the cookie.
- Pipe the frosting on the top of each cookie and sprinkle with Oreo crumbs if desired.