These ooey gooey cookies and cream rice krispie treats are quick and easy to make. They will have any rice krispie treat lover in heaven.
The Story Behind the Recipe
I don’t buy a ton of cereal for our house. I’m not a huge cereal eat, but my kids like it every now and then. We tend to stick to Chocolate Chex, Honey Nut Cheerios, and Honeycomb. We really don’t venture far away from those three cereal choices.
However, a few years ago we all really loved Strawberry Rice Krispy cereal. The only place I could really find it was at Target. I soon found out that it really a seasonal flavor of cereal. It’s really a shame because it hands down their best flavor.
Well I thought it was their best flavor until the other day when I was perusing the cereal aisle at Target again. I discovered a special edition Cookies and Cream Rice Krispy cereal. It hit me right then and there in the cereal aisle that I needed to make a vamped up cookies and cream rice krispie treat.
I think you guys all know by now, that I love rice krispie treats. The thing that is the best about rice krispie treats, at least to me, is discovering new flavors and ways to make them. It’s so fun and super hard to mess up. Plus, you can make them super quickly without even heating up the oven.
These take about 5 minutes to make and another 10 minutes to wait for them to set up before cutting into them. In my humble opinion, you can’t get a better and quicker dessert than this.
F.A.Q.S and Troubleshooting for Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats
Additional Recipes Similar to Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispie Treats
- Samoa Rice Krispies
- Churro Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
- 5 tbsp butter
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cup cookies and cream rice krispie cereal
- 15 oreo cookies
- Measure and set aside cereal.
- Slightly chop 15 oreo cookies and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the marshmallow and butter for about 2 minutes.
- Once the marshmallows are melted, dump in oreos and cereal.
- Mix until everything is combined.
- Press into a greased 9×13 pan and let set for about 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve.