This easy passion fruit mousse takes five minutes to make. Although it has just a few ingredients, this simple dessert will wow anyone who takes one bite.
The Story Behind the Easy Passion Fruit Mousse
I was introduced to the idea of this easy passion fruit mousse by my darling sister-in-law who is from Brazil. She and her sister get together frequently via Facetime and cook together. Whenever they are able to visit each other in person, they plan out their gourmet menu and cook all weekend together.
As I was browsing my instagram stories, I happened upon one of their cooking sessions, and they were making passion fruit mousse. I had never even tasted passion fruit before, but knew it was a recipe that I was going to put at the top of my list to make.
So I asked her how to make it and researched a few different recipes online. While my sister-in-law recommended using table cream, I had a huge bottle of heavy cream from Costco taking up room in my fridge, so I decided to use this recipe. Hopefully my take and experience on this recipe will be helpful to you!
There are recipes out there that don’t call for gelatine. I really wanted a firm mousse, so having gelatin was important to me. The gelatin creates the absolute perfect texture. It’s soft and airy, which is what a mousse should be.
F.A.Q.s for Easy Passion Fruit Mousse
Similar Recipes You May Enjoy
- Whipped Mascarpone Cheese Frosting
- Easy Key Lime Pie
- Quick and Easy Lemon Bars
- Cheesecake Crepe Filling
Easy Passion Fruit Mousse
Passion Fruit Mousse
- 2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup passion fruit pulp
Passion Fruit Syrup
- ⅓ cup passion fruit pulp
- ½ cup sugar
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add the cold water and gelatin. Mix it together and let it congeal for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, and passion fruit pulp in the jar of a high powered blender.
- Once the gelatin has congealed, microwave it for about 5 seconds until it melts and is runny.
- Turn the blender on low, and slowly pour in the gelatine mixture. Once it is poured in, cover the blender and turn on high for 5 minutes.
- The mousse will be thick, yet still runny.
- Pour into individual bowls or into one large bowl. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until it is firm.
For the Passion Fruit Syrup
- While the passion fruit is setting, make the passion fruit syrup.
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine the passion fruit pulp and sugar.
- Mix together until the sugar is melted and not grainy. Place in a container and refrigerate it until it is completely cooled.
For the Whipped Cream
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the powdered sugar and cream. Whip until stiff.
- Serve the mouse with whipped cream and a drizzle of the passion fruit syrup.