These luscious Chocolate Cherry Brownies are easy to make. The cherry pie filling is topped with a decadent brownie batter. It’s a family favorite!
The Story Behind the Chocolate Cherry Brownies
This is hands down one of the most requested recipes from my children. I totally get it, though. These chocolate cherry brownies were one of my most requested treats growing up too. However, I didn’t call them chocolate cherry brownies.
In fact, my mom dubbed this recipe Cherry Cha-Cha. Why she called it that, I don’t know. Maybe it got its fun name because it’s so good you want to do the cha-cha after one bite.
Not only is this requested frequently from my own children, but it’s easy and decadent enough to serve for special occasions.
In fact, a few years ago I was put in charge of providing dessert my church Christmas party. I knew I needed something that was quick, easy, and worthy of a Christmas dinner. I knew immediately that I needed to make cherry cha-cha. Even though I may have over estimated how much I needed, it was a true hit!
F.A.Q.S for Chocolate Cherry Brownies
Additional Recipes You May Love
Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- 10 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powdered
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 21 oz. canned cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a 8×8 pan and set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips in 45 second intervals. Heat until completely melted.
- Add in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour the entire can of cherry pie filling into the 8×8 pan. Cover the cherries with the brownie batter.
- Pour into the greased pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve alone or with whipped cream or ice cream.