Quick and easy banana nutella muffins. A great way to use all of those ripe bananas sitting on your counter with a fun addition of nutella.
Story Behind the Banana Nutella Muffins
I love a good muffin. In fact, they are one of my favorite types of bread. It’s really hard for me to say no to a warm muffin that just came out of the oven.
If you’ve been here a while, you also know that I love banana bread and chocolate. So why not combine the two? I got the idea of the Nutella swirl from Baking with Blondie, but decided to create it my own recipe for it.
The day that I made these, I put them out for my kids after-school snack. They were gobbled up before I could even get my hands on one. You know it’s a good recipe when that happens.
If you are like my family at all, your kids are either going through a love relationship with bananas, or they hate them. I buy a ton thinking they are going to eat them all like they did the previous week, but low and behold, they hate them this week. Go figure!
So if you have a few ripe bananas sitting around, whip up this recipe to help get your daily fruits in.
F.A.Q.S for Banana Nutella Muffins
Additional Recipes You May Love
Banana Nutella Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mash your three bananas.
- Mix in the brown sugar, and then add in the egg and vanilla.
- Finally mix in all of the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the muffin mixture into your prepared muffin tin, about ⅔ of the way full.
- Using a small spoon, dollop a ½ tsp sized amount of Nutella on top. Swirl it in with a knife or toothpick.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the middles bounce back.