These incredibly moist blueberry banana muffins are a quick and tasty treat for breakfast or a great addition to any dinner. The brown sugar topping creates the perfect muffin top that will leave you craving more.
The Story Behind Blueberry Banana Muffins
During the summer, we spent a few weeks in Virginia visiting with family. Both of our families live in rural Virginia where the fun activities are few and far between. By far, I mean, we typically drive an hour to do a “fun” kid-friendly activity.
However, there is the cutest little blueberry patch within a 5 minute drive from my in-law’s house. I actually used to hate blueberries until I had these. They are plump and super sweet. My kids have picked and eaten so many blueberries from this patch. In fact, we usually leave with blueberry stained cheeks.
Unfortunately, this summer, we missed the window of prime blueberry picking. Fortunately for us, other family members went earlier in the summer and picked so many blueberries that we had bucket loads waiting for us when we arrived.
My mother-in-law doesn’t bake, and my kids don’t really enjoy blueberries in their pancakes, so I decided to whip up a batch of blueberry muffins. The bananas were also going bad, so I decided why not combine the two? I was feeling pretty lazy at the moment, so instead of a streusel topping, I decided to just sprinkle some brown sugar on top and boy was that a good decision!
The brown sugar topping gives it the right amount of crunch. It’s so good that my kids get a little upset with me because I keep swiping bites of their muffin tops. We all know that muffin tops are the best, but these just are incredible.
F.A.Q.S for Blueberry Banana Muffins
Additional Recipes You May Like
- Banana Nutella Muffins
- Toffee Banana Bread
- Raisin Bran Muffins
- Lemon Blueberry Croissant French Toast
- Healthy Baked Berry Oatmeal
Blueberry Banana Muffins
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼-⅓ cup brown sugar, set aside
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease or line a muffin pan and set aside
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar with a hand mixer.
- Add in the bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the blueberries being careful not to pop any of the berries.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan filling it ¾ of the way full.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on the tops.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before removing them from the pan.
- This recipe makes about 15 muffins.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge and warm them before eating.