Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies
The ultimate cookie recipe for any peanut butter lover is right here. These cookies are jam-packed full of peanut butter cups, Reese's Pieces, and all things peanut butter.
A couple of years ago, my daughter brought home a Disney princess cookbook from the school library. My kids absolutely love looking through cookbooks and do it quite often. I will find them on the couch flipping through books and saying which recipes they want to make. I wonder where they got that from?
While my daughter and I were flipping through the Disney cookbook, our eyes both got wide when we landed on a recipe for loaded peanut butter cookies. We just knew we HAD to make them. Well, we made them, and boy were they peanut buttery. We LOVE peanut butter in our house and probably have it at at least two meals a day.
We love peanut butter so much so, that when my sister and niece came for a visit last year, I was afraid I was going to kill my niece. She is severely allergic to nuts, so we stopped eating peanut butter a whole week before, and I wiped down the entire kitchen multiple times before they came to ensure her safety. Of course, I was an idiot and made cookies while she was here with Heath bits. I looked on the back of the package and everything. Not a single nut warning. Then my sister informed me that it actually has almonds in the ingredients. Face palm. She was also allergic to those too. Everything was good though, and she’ll probably come live in Utah in a year when she comes out for school!
Anyways, these cookies are not the ones from the Disney cookbook because I didn’t write it down or take a picture of it. I tried to bribe my kids to grab the book from the school library, but everyone had already had library for the week, and I wasn’t patient enough to wait any longer.
These babies are a soft peanut butter cookie chocked full with peanut butter chips, Reese’s Pieces, and mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. If you love peanut butter, this is the recipe for you!
Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter, I recommend Jif
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp imitation vanilla
- 1 TBS milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Reese’s Peanut Butter chips
- ¾ cup Reese’s Pieces
- ¾ cup mini unwrapped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar. Mix until fluffy.
- Add in peanut butter and mix until combined.
- Add in vanilla, egg, and milk and mix.
- Add in the salt, baking soda, and flour. Don’t over mix.
- Once the flour is all the way incorporated, add in the peanut butter chips and mix briefly until they are evenly distributed.
- Finally, with a mixing spoon, fold in the Reese’s Pieces and Peanut Butter Cups. Mix by had to ensure even coverage and no candy breakage.
- Scoop cookie dough on to cookie sheets and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the sides start to brown.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes on the tray before transferring to a cookie rack to cool.