These soft Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms are the perfect treat to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Not only are they quick and easy, but they are the best peanut butter blossom you will ever have.
Story Behind the Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms
Honestly, these Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms are one of my favorite cookies. They are so hard to say no to In fact, when I was younger I used to eat all around the chocolate in the center and save that for the absolute last bite.
Once you have kids, you have to start making the holidays a little extra special. It’s super fun, and I do that by making food to fit the holiday. We won the kids over one Halloween just by making the pancakes orange.
So why not put heart chocolates on Peanut Butter Blossoms and call them Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms. You can use whatever your favorite heart shaped chocolate is. Whether it’s Reese’s Peanut Butter Hearts, Dove Chocolates, or Crunch. Whichever heart-shaped chocolate you choose will result in a yummy cookie.
Ingredients Needed to Make Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Flour- you need all-purpose flour for this recipe
- Baking Soda and Salt
- Butter- I always use salted butter
- Peanut Butter- don’t use an all-natural peanut butter, you need something like Jif or Skippy. Otherwise, your cookie won’t turn out quite right.
- Sugar- white granulated sugar
- Brown Sugar- I always have light brown sugar on hand
- Milk- yes, you read that right. You need milk for this recipe. Any kind will work
- Egg- you will only need 1 egg for this recipe.
- Vanilla- as always a dash of vanilla will add just the right amount of flavor
Tools Needed to Bake Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms
These are the tools that I use to make Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms
Light Colored Cookie Sheets I find that dark colored cookie sheets result in a hard cookie bottom
Cooling Racks– I prefer these that have a small checkered pattern. You don’t want to risk any cookies falling through the cracks when they are warm.
Hand Mixer– this is such a quick and easy cookie to make, that I actually prefer to use a hand mixer.
Additional Recipes You Will Also Enjoy
- Peanut Butter Cookies with Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels
- Classic Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies
Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 21 heart shaped chocolates
- Extra sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Roll the cookie dough into 21 balls and roll into granulated sugar.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Once they come out place your favorite heart shaped chocolate on top of each cookie pressing it lightly in.
- Wait until the cookies and chocolates are completely cooled before moving or stacking.