Last October, my husband and I took our kids down to The Great Wolf Lodge in Arizona. Our kids had fall break, so we took advantage of our time off, and went down early to spend time with cousins. Our first night there was my sister-in-law’s church trunk-or-treat. Between my five kids and her three kids, we had loads of candy.
She kept telling me about her peanut butter cookie recipe and how she was going to make it for dessert while we were there. She even bragged that her husband won a bake-off at dental school with this recipe. Why were dentists baking sugary treats?? That Sunday we were meeting up with my other sister-in-law for dinner, so we whipped up a double batch of these cookies. Unfortunately, we didn’t have enough Dove chocolates to put on top, but we had loads of candy from the previous night. We put peanut butter cups, Twix, Crunch bars, and a variety of every chocolate bar we had. I had my eye on the giant Reese’s topped cookie, but someone swiped it before I could sink my teeth into it.
That’s okay though because the Dove Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Caramels were DIVINE. The soft peanut buttery sugar cookie with the gooey caramel is a match made in heaven. I don’t know why cookies with kisses still exist because these will knock those out of the park any day. I know you’re drooling, so do yourself a favor and go whip a batch of these delicious cookies up for your family.
Peanut Butter Cookies with Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Caramels
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- large bag of Dove Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Caramels
- Extra sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Roll the cookie dough into 24 balls and roll into granulated sugar.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Once they come out place a Dove Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt caramel on top of each cookie pressing it lightly in.
- Wait until the cookies and chocolates are completely cooled before moving or stacking.