Toffee Banana Bread
Delicious moist banana bread with a fun addition of Heath bits. This Toffee Banana bread leaves a sweet caramel taste that will have everyone begging for more.
The Story Behind Toffee Banana Bread
I had my sister-in-law and her family over for dinner a few days ago. Actually, she invited herself over with her yummy taco meat and I provided the sides. It was a great feast. While we were getting everything ready, we started talking about an assortment of things.
We went from a spiritual conversation, to recent annoyances we had encountered, to banana bread. She had spied my extremely ripe bananas on the counter. I assured her that I was planning on making banana bread but was waiting for some inspiration to hit so I wasn’t making my go-to Healthy Banana Bread with Yogurt. While I do love that recipe, I was really wanted to try something different.
About a month ago when we were over at their house, I surprised her husband with a Toffee Banana cookie. He absolutely loves banana and toffee together, and the cookies were no different. However, while my sister-in-law and I were talking, she suggested that I put white chocolate chips in the banana bread. Supposedly that is what her grandmother used to do. I’m not a huge white chocolate chip fan, so that didn’t sound that great to me.
However, when she suggested that I put Heath bits in the bread, I knew that was the inspiration I had been waiting on. The toffee bits create a nice caramel taste and great chewy texture. This is a step up from a typical banana bread, but still extremely tasty.
F.A.Q.S for Toffee Banana Bread
Additional Recipes You May Love
Banana Bread with Heath
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 bag Heath bits (not with the chocolate coating)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, cream together your butter and sugars until light and fluffy. You may mix with a wooden spoon or hand mixer.
- Add in your 3 ripe bananas making sure to smash them really well so there aren't big chunks. Mix together with the sugar/butter mixture.
- Next you want to add in your vanilla and eggs. The batter will look a little liquidy and separated, but that's okay.
- Dump in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Finally add in the heath bits and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour into a greased 9×5 bread pan. I actually added parchment paper to prevent any sticking and then sprayed on top of the parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until center is cooked through.
How many eggs?