These tangy cranberry meatballs are the perfect appetizer for all of your holiday parties. This is the easiest crockpot recipe you'll every make and that everyone else will love.
Every year I host a huge ornament exchange party. It’s one of my favorite traditions I have started. I usually start getting texts about my ornament party in November asking what date it is going to be on.
The party starts off with everyone bringing their favorite dessert or appetizer. Some years we are really heavy on desserts, and some years we are heavy on the cheese. That doesn’t matter though. All of the amazing women I know come, and we enjoy chatting, eating, and then stealing ornaments from each other.
One year, one of my dear friends brought the most beautiful platter in, but it was empty. Then she pulled out a container full of the most delectable meatballs I’ve ever had the opportunity to eat. I’m pretty sure I ate about half of the platter.
As she was cleaning up, I continued to rave about her platter. It was just right up my alley, and I needed it. Being the sweet friend that she is, she proceeded to tell me that the platter was actually for me because she got it to gift to me knowing that I would swoon over it.
F.A.Q’s and Troubleshooting for Tangy Cranberry Meatballs
If you are looking for some other ideas for appetizers, make sure to check out these other recipes.
Tangy Cranberry Meatballs
- 1 ½ cup bbq sauce
- 1 can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 48oz pkg frozen meatballs ,precooked
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the jellied cranberry sauce for 2 minutes. Just enough to make it stirrable.
- Whisk in the bbq sauce. The cranberry sauce will look lumpy, and that's okay. It will melt down as it cooks.
- Dump meatballs into the crockpot, and pour the sauce on top. Give the meatballs a quick stir to help cover them in sauce.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours, or low for 4.
- Serve as an appetizer or over rice for a meal.