Dark Chocolate Brownies
These one bowl dark chocolate brownies are fudgy on the inside and flakey on the top. They will beat out any box mix brownie.
The Story Behind the Perfect Dark Chocolate Brownies
Do you ever just crave a fudgy brownie? Hopefully the brownie you are craving has a flakey crust. Then I would love if you topped it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel? I’ll admit, in my house, we don’t typically make homemade brownies, it’s a box mix through and through.
Not all boxed brownie mixes are created equal though. In our house, we are Ghiradelli fans 100%. To us, they are the perfect brownie. They have the flakey tops, are fudgy on the inside, and are loaded with chunky chocolate chips. No other box brownies mix can compare. In fact, I’m such a brownie snob that I will turn my nose up to a pan of brownies if I can tell is Betty Crocker.
During my panicked pandemic grocery shopping with the rest of the state of Utah, I purchased a giant box of brownie mixes. However, it wasn’t my beloved Ghiradelli brand, it was Hershey’s. My sister had raved about them, so when I saw them at Sam’s club I threw it in the cart. They were not good! Even my chocolate-loving husband said so.
I’ll cut my sister some slack though because she has a child with a peanut allergy and the Hershey’s brand was the only one they could eat safely. So if you are allergic to nuts, it’s a great option! However, if you are looking for a delicious homemade recipe, this is the one you need.
Anyways, my craving for a good brownie came one Sunday while my sister-in-law was visiting, and we whipped up these brownies. I don’t shop on Sunday and I was out of so many ingredients. I had to make many substitutions. They wound up being absolutely perfect. These may just beat out my beloved box mix.
Additional Recipes you May Love
Dark Chocolate Brownies
- 1¼ cup butter melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips in 45 second intervals. Heat until completely melted.
- Add in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into the greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before cutting into them. For a clean cut, use a plastic knife.