Do you ever just crave a fudgey brownie? Of course, with a flakey crust. Topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Maybe a drizzle of caramel? I’ll admit, in my house, we don’t typically make homemade brownies, it’s a box mix through and through.
Not all boxed brownie mixes are created equal though. In our house, we we are Ghiradelli fans 100%. To us, they were the perfect brownie. Flakey top. Fudgey inside. Chunky chocolate chips. No other box can compare.
During my panicked pandemic grocery shopping with the rest of the state of Utah, I purchased a giant box of brownie mixes. However, it wasn’t my beloved Ghiradelli brand. They.were.not.good. Even my chocolate-loving husband said so.
Anyways, my craving for a good brownie came one Sunday while my sister-in-law was visiting, and we whipped up these brownies. Of course, it being Sunday, I didn’t have certain ingredients and don’t shop on Sunday, so many substitutions were made. They wound up being absolutely perfect. These may just beat out my beloved box mix.
Dark Chocolate Brownies
- 1 ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips in 45 second intervals. Heat until completely melted.
- Add in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix.
- Finally, fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into the greased pan and bake for 37-40 minutes. For me, 37 minutes delivered the perfect brownie.
- Let them cool completely before cutting into them.