The perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe is finally here. Slightly crisp on the outside with plenty of warm chocolate chips on the inside.
The Story Behind the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie
When I was growing up, Sundays were always a baking day in my house. Of course, it was also a napping day. I don’t know why 3 hours of church always wore us out! Maybe it was church, or maybe it was that amazing Sunday dinner my mom always cooked.
As soon as I woke up from my well deserved Sunday nap, I needed something sweet to shake that groggy feeling. My mom and I would read through cookbooks trying to find the perfect recipe to make. We usually wound up making a cake or bars of some sort because we both HATED to make cookies. They were always flat and crunchy. Even though the end results weren’t what we were expecting, the part my mom and I hated the most was scooping the cookie dough, putting them in the oven, and letting them cool. I think it was that repeatition that we disliked. They always took so long!
A few years later, I started dating this amazing guy. Turns out his all-time favorite treat was chocolate chip cookies. Unfortunately, I couldn’t make them. Here I am telling him I love to bake, and I can’t bake a measly chocolate chip cookie. Things got pretty serious with this guy, and we wound up married. After 4 years, many failed attempts, and several recipes of chocolate chip cookies, I finally tweaked one recipe just right.
This recipe produced the perfect chocolate chip cookie! They have the perfect crisp on the outside and are so deliciously gooey when they are eaten warm, and then firm up so nicely when cooled. I actually prefer them the next day if there are any left considering my husband gobbles them up by the dozen – no joke! There is no flatness or crunchiness here.
F.A.Q.s and Troubleshooting for The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Additional Recipes Similar to The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
The PERFECT Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Mix in the salt and baking soda.
- With the mixer on low, add all three cups of flour. The mixture will become crumbly, but don’t worry, it will come together. As soon as it starts to come together, mix on med-high for about 45 seconds.
- Dump in the chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Form dough into balls with a cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown.
- As you bring the cookie sheet out of the oven, give it a good BANG on the counter. Let the cookies cook for 10 minutes and then remove to cooling rack.
- Don’t over mix your cookie dough, this will cause the dough to get too overworked.
- Make all dough balls the same size, so they cook evenly.
- Don’t overbake! Bring them out when they are slightly golden. They finish cooking on the cookie sheet.
- This may be weird, but give that cookie sheet a good BANG. It makes the cookies the perfect shape and thickness.