A few weeks ago my sister-in-law was visiting, and we were waiting in line at one of our favorite soda shops. However, we weren’t waiting to get a drink, we were just waiting to get a few free cups of their good pebble ice. As we waited, I started browsing the menu. I’m not a huge soda drinker. I’ll maybe indulge in a soda once every two or three months. Call me crazy, but I just love drinking water so much.
When I do want a soda, it’s usually because I’m craving the carbonation. So the flavored waters caught my eye. A week or so later, as I was running errands on a hot summer day, I decided I was going to go and get the Summer Breeze flavored water drink that I’d been dreaming of. I subbed the water for sparkling water, and man oh man, was it amazing.
It was literally a summer breeze that I was drinking. Sparkling water, frozen strawberries, coconut cream, strawberry puree, and vanilla and coconut syrups.
It was so good, I knew I needed to recreate it. So I did! My kids have been begging me every day since to make this drink again. In fact, maybe I’ll add that sparkling water to my open grocery delivery because after writing about it, it’s sounding like we need it in our near future. It really is the perfect summer drink.
Strawberry Summer Breeze
- 2 liters sparkling water
- ⅓ cup strawberry puree (Real brand)
- ¼ cup coconut cream (Real brand)
- 15.5 oz container of frozen strawberries (with added sugar), divided
- 3 TBS Torani sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 3 TBS Torani sugar-free coconut syrup
- In a 2 quart drink pitcher, add the sparkling water to fill it about 3/4 of the way full. You want to save room for all of the ingredients. You can always go back and add more.
- Add in vanilla and coconut syrups and give it a quick stir.
- Add in strawberry puree and coconut cream. Stir again.
- Lastly, add in half of the container of strawberries in spoonfuls. I use a meat/potato masher to break them up in the bottom. Stir again and serve immediately in glasses with ice.