I have three super cute girls. Two of them are only 18-months apart and they are both in love with all things unicorn and rainbows. When we were grocery shopping one day, which is really rare – thank you grocery delivery, we were standing in front of the chocolate chip shelves when my girls got super excited. They saw a bag of pink and blue chips with a beautiful unicorn on the bag. They just had to have them.
It was a no brainer. I threw the bag in the cart and vowed to myself I would come up with an awesome way to use these that they girls would be giddy over.
I knew it needed to be an over-the-top cookie that screamed unicorn. The purple food gel made the perfect compliment to the pink and blue chips. The cherry on top was rolling them in matching sprinkles. This is most definitely the ultimate unicorn cookie. Perfect for all the little girls in your life. Who am I kidding, my two boys loved them just as much!
This cookie is a soft batch sugar cookie that doesn’t flatten out. You don’t want to use this recipe for cut-out sugar cookies, but it is a perfect puffy cookie for adding sprinkles and chips to.
Ultimate Unicorn Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cream of tarter
- 1 cup Nestle unicorn baking chips
- Purple food gel
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter, oil, and sugars until combined.
- Add egg, vanilla, and food gel to reach desired color.
- Finish by add the drying ingredients and mixing until combined.
- Add in one cup of unicorn baking chips.
- Scoop cookies and form into balls, about two tablespoons. Roll tops of cookies into your favorite sprinkles.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!